cuentacuentos, storytelling, song
1. Choose a compelling speech topic.
2. An outline is due the day of the presentation.
3. At the bottom of the outline include a bibliography in the APA style.
5. Cite sources effectively and correctly when delivering the speech.
6. Evaluating Further the Credibility of Web Sites: A Tutorial
7. Speak with conviction rehearsing the nonverbal aspects of delivery: body language, vocal variety, pitch, intonation and rhythm as well as verifying the authority and credibility of a variety of tests and types of evidence.
8. You will be evaluated on content, organization and delivery as per the newly revised speech evaluation rubric distributed in class.
9. Remember that content follows connection. (There are also power point tutorials at this link.)
11. Ron Gutman: The hidden power of smiling
13.Here are examples of some of the most common logical fallacies:
a. "The Straw Man/Person Fallacy:"
b. "The Red Herring Fallacy:"
c. "The Slippery Slope Fallacy:"
d. "The Ad Hominem Appeal to Hyocrisy:"
e. "Affirming the Consequent: A Formal Fallacy"