- Tuesday, July 17: Persuasive Speech #1
- Thursday 19: Persuasive Speech #2
a. Choose one controversial topic for both speeches.
b. Argue the opposing side of the argument for Speech #5
in Speech #6 using evidence supported by research cited
in each speech: (3-5 articles for each speech are required.)
- Read "Looking for Persuasive Speech Topics?" and review the checklist as well as the top 101 suggested persuasive topics. (Links are provided for each of the 101 topics listed in the reading. Click on them until you find the one topic for which you have the strongest motivation and inspiration.)
- Review the series introduced at our library orientation entitled, "Taking Sides," to see how arguments are formulated taking opposing sides.
- Remember that there must be 3-5 different sources cited during each speech and included in the bibliography at the bottom of the outline due the day you present each speech.
A BASIC POWERPOINT TUTORIAL